You’re probably heard of all the craze about smartwatches. You’ve probably even considered buying a smartwatch at the beginning of 2016. That is an excellent decision.
However, it is important to have the basics of how a smartwatch works. It is imperative to know how to make the most out of its features and how to customize it in order to meet your needs.
Once the watch is out of the box, the process of pairing it with your smartphone is a breeze. Every smartwatch needs to be connected with a smartphone in order for the owner to capitalize on all its features.
Take your watch out of the box, charge it and then pair it with your smartphone by installing Android Wear on your phone.
You can easily download this app in Google Play. Once inside the app, select your smartwatch from the list and accept the connection created between your two devices.
Discover How to Use your Smartwatch
After you have connected your smartwatch to your phone, you need to get to grips with the most important Android Wear gestures. Android Wear, the program that lets you use your smartwatch, is similar to a gadget’s operating system, and it’s controlled by swiping in various directions.
For instance, swiping down from the top of the screen mutes all calls/sms/notifications. This feature is excellent for those times you don’t want to be disturbed or for business trips. Once you have tweaked your Android Wear and your have personalized your smartwatch, it is time to set your device.
You can tweak the brightness level, manage Wi-fi, change the “always on” feature, activate the airplane mode or change the faces.
Apps to Download
There are already tens of thousands of apps available for smartwatches in the AppStore. You can find tens of apps only for monitoring your pace, and tens others for keeping track of your location using the GPS. However, in addition to Android Wear, the most essential app on each smartwatch, there are a number of useful apps you should also download.
Here are some of them:
- Hole 19: if you are a golf fan, then Hole 19 is a must-have app for your intelligent wrist watch. This amazing app provides insights and details for over 34,000 golf courses all around the world.
- Endomondo: this is a hugely popular fitness app that gives you full control over your fitness experiences.
- Interval timer: this app allows you to easily record your reps, sets, split times or rest periods.
- Evernote: this well-famed reminders and notes app is a must for any smartwatch owner.
- Wear audio recorder: whenever you are in an interview, a lecture or in an interesting chat, use the Wear audio recorder to quickly record the sounds around you. This app quickly syncs to your Dropbox and Google Drive accounts. Additionally, you can record with your screen turned off, making sure no one knows what you are up to.
Cool Things to do with your Smartwatch
Your smartwatch is a great device that enables you to do certain things much faster and easier than by using your smartphone.
For instance, you can easily get directions, connect to your smartphone from miles away, use your watch as a personal assistant, send beautiful hand drawn emojis to your favorite buddies, stay well informed about what happens in the world, book a flight or even download your favorite music.
You can also use your smartwatch to respond to messages and calls while on the go, track your fitness goals and ensure that your heart rate is optimal all through the day.
How to Maximize your Smartwatch
In order to make the most out of your new gadget, you have to know how to prolong its battery life. To increase your smartwatch battery life, try the following:
- Use priority or theater mode
- Turn off wake screen
- Lower the brightness
- Turn off the “always on display” feature
- Stop unnecessary notifications
- Stop Wi-fi syncing
One last thing you need to know about smartwatches is that you need screen protection if you want to greatly prolong the lifespan of your new favorite gadget.